I received my latest VoxBox complimentary from Influenster about a month ago. It’s taken a while to get to all of the products in the box, but I’m finally ready to dole out my thoughts on the products.1) Hershey’s Kisses – I mean, they’re Hershey’s Kisses. Perfect for when you just have to have a bite of something chocolate-y. They aren’t the highest quality chocolate you can get, but they are also very far from the worst chocolate out there. Kisses don’t leave you with that waxy residue in your mouth that you get from some inexpensive chocolates. I already had a small stash of Kisses on hand, so I used this bag as a treat for participants at a workshop my colleague and I were teaching. Teachers are always grateful for chocolate when they have to come to workshop after teaching all day!
2) Vaseline® Men Spray Lotion Fast Absorbing was the next item in my box. This was really for Nathan. Winter weather takes a toll on skin for both of us, so we was excited to see this and tried it right away. Unfortunately, it has an awful “man” scent that left both of our eyes watering. Thinking the smell would fade pretty quickly, we headed out for dinner. Hours later, the horrible cologne-like smell was still hanging around. He was grateful to shower to rid himself of it. The can ended up going right in the trash after one use. If they had a fragrance-free version of this, I think he would really be into it, but the smell just overpowered any of the good in the product. Why do companies feel like they have to add “man” smell to everything???
3) I get a ton of tea bags as part of my BirchBox subscription, and I really like tea, so I was excited to receive another new brand to try as part of the Vox Box program. Red Rose Simply Indulgent Teas come in a variety of flavors. In my box, I received decaffeinated Lemon Chiffon and Creme Caramel. I like my coffee black and will only occasionally put even a little honey in my tea, so I was definitely skeptical about the flavors. Others might like these, but they weren’t for me. Even though the packaging says “natural flavors” they just didn’t seem to pair with the tea. The lemon chiffon was not lemony at all and both were just too sweet. I might give their unflavored teas a try, but I won’t be back for any of these.
4) Kiss Looks So Natural lashes were the next item in my box. I don’t wear fake lashes often, but Kiss is definitely becoming my favorite brand of lashes. I loved that these lashes were thinner, but still added volume to my natural lashes. And, when you start shopping around, you really can’t beat the price point (about $4.00) on these lashes. They come with a great little applicator and glue. I will say that I prefer to use Duo eyelash glue. I buy the kind that turns dark as it dries, so it blends right into my eyeliner.
5) I have used my Boots Botanics Conditioning Clay Mask a few times now. A lot of clay masks leave my skin feeling stretched, itchy, and flaky, but not this one! Each time I’ve used it, I’ve been impressed by the clean feeling I have left. I follow it up with a little of my regular daily moisturizer (just like every time I wash my face) and haven’t had any problems. Between this mask and a recent change in my daily moisturizer, I’m seeing a huge difference in my skin!
6) And finally, we come to my favorite product in the box–John Frieda Frizz Ease 3-Day Straight Flat Iron Spray. I don’t flat iron my hair every day because it is just too damaging on my fine hair (and because after a blow-out my hair is pretty straight already). But, I do blow dry with heat most days. I decided to try this for the first time one night when I knew I would flat iron. I sprayed my hair a few times after I combed it out from the shower and blow-dried my hair as normal. Even before I hit the flat iron, I could see a huge difference in my hair. I’m a believer in this, for sure. Since I shower twice a day most days of the week, I can’t say much about the 3-day claims. However, I don’t shampoo every time I wet my hair down, and I still felt like the product lingered after a little rinse. I wouldn’t say it performed as well after a rinse, but who could expect it to? I don’t use this every day, but I reach for it right away when I’m going for a more polished look.
All in all, I was pretty happy with the J’Adore VoxBox. There were some products I definitely won’t purchase, but I found a couple of things I like and one I really love!